Thursday, November 29, 2012

Walcott feeling ´deadly´ in front of goal



Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has described himself as 'deadly' in front of goal this season.
The England international has scored 10 goals for Arsenal this season in all competitions, including a hat-trick against Reading in the League Cup, and the opener in a 1-1 draw against Everton at Goodison Park on Wednesday.

And Walcott argues that he now has the confidence to take any chances that come his way.

"Those are the sort of positions that this season and in the last few seasons I have been quite deadly in," he told the club's official website.

"When given a little sniff I am able to take it now. My general play is getting better as well. The assists are coming now, which is fantastic, and I am enjoying my football.

"I think I scored 11 last season and 13 the year before. Not just that, but my general play (is getting better) as well. The assists are coming now, which is fantastic, and I am enjoying my football.

"I am very happy with the way I have started and it has got to continue. Hopefully I will take it into Saturday's game (against Swansea City)."

Meanwhile, Thomas Vermaelen insists that there is no mental weakness in the Arsenal team, but the Belgian admits that they need to do better when closing out games after seeing Everton draw level.

"Mentality-wise, there is nothing wrong with the team. Everybody works hard and there is no-one who doesn't work for the team and that will give you results, from that point of view I am very happy," he said.

"In the first minute (against Everton) we scored a good goal and after that we dominated but gave them chances because we were a little bit sloppy with the ball, so that was a bit disappointing."

No comments:

Post a Comment